At Ascentso, We place great importance on protecting Your Personal Data. We never rent, sell, lease, or trade this information without Your explicit permission. When We do disclose Your information to trusted Third Parties, We ensure that it complies with applicable data protection laws and regulations. Rest assured that We only share Your information when it is necessary to fulfill Your requests and provide You with the Services You need.
When You visit, interact, purchase, or create an Account with Us, or use Ascentso’s Service, Sites and Apps, Your information is controlled by Ascentso and its Affiliates. Our Company provides brands, products, and services (collectively known as “Service”) which include:
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique Account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Act cited refers to Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”); an Act enacted by the Parliament of Malaysia to regulate the processing of Personal Data in commercial transactions and to provide for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Aggregate Data means information about groups or categories of people, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
- Anonymous Data means non-identifiable information that does not directly or indirectly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
- Application (“App” or “FootPrint by Ascentso”) refers to Our software programs or Service displayed on various online, mobile, or other platforms that allows Us to interact directly with Our Users.
- Ascentso (“We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Company”) full business registration name Ascentso Sdn. Bhd. with number 202101013455 (1413754-A) is a private limited Company incorporated under Companies Commission of Malaysia. We own and operate the Service and have control over the processing of Personal Data for commercial purposes related to Ascentso’s Service.
- Business refers to an organization or any other legal entity engaged in commercial activities.
- Brand refers to (“FootPrint by Ascentso”).
- Consent is the permission or agreement given by an individual to the processing of their personal data for a specific purpose or purposes.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Malaysia.
- Data Controller also known as (“Data User”) in PDPA, refers to Ascentso as the legal person which independently or jointly with others determines the purposes for which and how Personal Data is processed.
- Data Processor is any natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which is permitted to process data on behalf and as directed by the Data Controller(s).
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Do-Not-Track (DNT) is a browser setting that allows internet users to opt-out of tracking by websites.
- FootPrint by Ascentso (“FootPrint”) is a product brand of Ascentso, which is a digital platform and online web portal connecting people with Restaurants & FootPrint F&B Partners.
- FootPrint F&B Partners refers to Restaurant, café, and eatery owners and operators who have contracted and featured in FootPrint by Ascentso’s digital platform.
- Digital Platform refers to (“FootPrint by Ascentso”), a software owned and operated by Ascentso.
- IP Address is associated with the access point through which You enter the Internet and is typically controlled by Your Internet Service Provider (ISP), companies, or universities.
- Parents means a parent or legal guardian.
- Payment Processor is a third-party company that manages commercial transactions by securely transmitting payment data between the customer, merchant, acquiring bank, and issuing bank.
- Privacy refers to the protection of personal information that is collected, used, or disclosed by Ascentso.
- Public Forums refers to Ascentso’s Sites and Apps which may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If You provide personal information when You use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by Us or by a third party.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Restaurant refers to Restaurants, cafés, and all food & beverage service businesses.
- Service refers to Application, Website, newsletters, related social media pages and all services and products operated and provided by Ascentso.
- Service Provider is a third-party company or individual who processes Personal Data on behalf of Ascentso, to facilitate, provide, or analyze the Service, or perform other related services.
- Sdn. Bhd. is the suffix used for Sendirian Berhad Company, which is a private limited business entity in Malaysia.
- Third Parties (or “Third-Party”) contracted by Ascentso refers to external entities that are hired or contracted by Us to provide goods or services. These parties are not directly affiliated with Our Company and are not part of Our organization. They may include contractors, suppliers, or other service providers who work on behalf of Our Company to fulfill specific functions or projects.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an Account to use Our Service.
- User refers to an identity created for a person registered to use Our Website, Application or Service’ features and facilities.
- User Content refers to any content, information, or materials that a User submits, posts, or otherwise makes available on the platform, such as reviews, comments, ratings, or any other type of content.
- Usage Data refers to information collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself, for example, the duration of a page visit.
- Website (“Site”) refers to websites operated by Ascentso, accessible at Ascentso.com and FootPrint.my.
- You refer to the individual or people accessing or using Our Service, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using Our Service, as applicable.
Sources and Reasons We Collect Information
Categories of identifiable and non-identifiable (aggregate and anonymous) personal information We collect for Business or commercial purposes:
Directly from You. For example, from Consents You voluntarily provide, the forms You complete, preferences You express or provide, or purchases made on Sites and Services operated by Us or other Third Parties.
Indirectly from You. For example, from observing Your activity on Our Service.
Automatically from You. For example, through Cookies We or Our Service Providers set on Your Devices as You navigate through Our Service.
From Service Providers. For example, third-party vendors to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, third-party vendors for payment processing, or other third-party vendors that We use to provide the Service to You.
Other Third Parties You Have Consented. For example, We may obtain information about You from public databases, affiliate programs, data providers, or other sources where You have Consented.
Personal Information Collected Directly
For Us to complete Our transactions with You, to deal with Your inquiries, open and operate an Account/facility for You, generally provide You with Our Service, and to carry out other purposes required to operate and maintain Our Business with You, We need to collect and process personal information about You. Without providing Us with the necessary personal information, We may not be able to fulfill Your request completely.
Personal Information Provided by You
Depends on the context of Your interactions with Us, the choices You make, and the features You use on Our Service, We may ask You to voluntarily provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Registration information when You create a User Account with Our Service, participate in activities, or link Your profile on a third-party site or platform with Your registration Account (such as Your first and last name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password).
- Transaction information when You request information, contact Us, or book, purchase, return, or refund a Service or a product from Us (such as Your postal address, telephone number, and payment information).
- Information You provide in public forums on Our Sites and Apps (such as Your public posts).
- Information sent either User-to-User, to Us, or within a limited group using Our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where We are permitted by applicable law to collect this information.
- Photos and videos You captured and/or uploaded into Our Sites and Apps or in relation to Our Sites and Apps.
- Call recordings when You call Our Customer Service phone numbers.
Types of Information Collected from Third Parties
We may also obtain Your personal information from a variety of sources, including from third parties connected with You, and from such other sources to which You have given Your Consent to disclose Your personal information.
1. Using Third-Party Social Media to Access Our Service
2. Other Third-Party Sources
In order to enhance Our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers, and services to You and update Our records, We may obtain information about You from a variety of sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, principal/supplemental subscription account holders and from other third parties connected with You. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs, and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
Types of Information Collected Automatically
We also collect data automatically when You use Our Service, including information from the internet, service infrastructure, and design. These may include Anonymous Data and Aggregate Data.
- Log and Usage Data
When You access or use Our Service, Our servers automatically collect service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information, which We record in log files. This log data may include Your IP address, device information, browser type and settings, and information about Your activity in the Services, such as the date/time stamps associated with Your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions You take, including which features You use. We also collect device event information, such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings.
- Device Data
We collect device data to improve and personalize Our Service, including information about the computer, phone, tablet, or other device You use to access the Service. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as Your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data
We may collect location data to offer location-based Services and to improve and personalize Our Service. This location data can be either precise or imprecise, depending on the type and settings of the device You use to access Our Service. We may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells Us Your current location (based on your IP address). However, You can opt out of allowing Us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling Your Location setting on Your device. Please note that if You choose to opt out, You may not be able to use certain aspects of Our Service.
- Application Data (Mobile App)
When You use Ascentso’s Apps, We may collect Your location, contacts from Your phone book, and photos from Your camera and photo library with Your permission. We use this information to provide App features and improve Our Service. This data may be uploaded to Our servers or stored on Your device. You can control access to this data through Your device settings.
- Inference Data
We combine the information We collect, generate, or otherwise obtain to draw inferences about Your preferences and interests. This helps Us provide and personalize Our Service and tailor the offers We and Our Partners provide to You. By doing so, We aim to provide You with a better and more relevant user experience.
- Cookies Data
Cookies or Browser Cookies: A Cookie is a small file placed on Your device. You can configure Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to notify You when a Cookie is being sent. However, please note that if You choose to decline Cookies, some parts of Our Service may not be accessible. Unless You have adjusted Your browser setting to reject Cookies, Our Service may utilize Cookies.
Web Beacons: Certain sections of Our Service and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These web beacons enable Us, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an email and to gather other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
If You have any further questions or concerns regarding Our data practices, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
- Log and Usage Data
Ascentso, the Data Controller of Your personal information, is responsible for handling Your data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Ascentso’s Affiliates, Business Partners, Service Providers, and other trusted Third Parties may access Your data to perform services on behalf of the Data Controller (as Data Processors) and, unless prohibited by law, for their own purposes (as data controllers) described in this Policy. We may use information collected from You or associated devices for the following purposes, subject to applicable law and available choices and controls.
For Business Purposes by Ascentso
- To complete transactions, operate and maintain Our Business with You.
- To provide and maintain Our Service, optimize, develop, monitor usage, and improve it.
- To manage Your Account, requests, and inquiries.
- To fulfill the reason(s) You provided the information.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by law.
- For internal administrative and auditing purposes.
- To detect security incidents and protect against malicious activity.
- To contact You regarding updates or informative communications related to Our Service.
- To provide You with news, exclusive offers, and general information about goods, services, and events.
- For Business transfers and other purposes such as data analysis and improving Our Service.
For Audience Profiling by Ascentso
We may analyze Your individual information to create a profile of Your interests and preferences, which We use to make marketing decisions and ensure Our messages are relevant to You. Occasionally, We may use additional information from external sources to do this more effectively, such as third parties.
You have the option to opt out of Our audience profiling activity. However, this does not mean that You will stop seeing advertisements altogether, but rather that the advertisements You see will no longer be personalized to Your interests. To opt out, please Contact Us directly.
Please note that audience profiling is an important tool that helps Us provide You with a more personalized and relevant experience on Our Sites and Apps. However, We understand the importance of User’s Privacy and provide You with the option to opt out if You choose to do so.
As part of providing Our Service to You, We may need to disclose information about You and/or Your Accounts and/or facilities with Us to third parties where necessary, and subject at all times to any laws, including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations applicable to Us.
When Do We Disclose Your Personal Data
These are the circumstances under which We may disclose Your personal information:
- With Your Consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purposes related to Our Business with You.
- With Your Request: When You direct Us to share Your personal information with other parties and companies to fulfill Your request, such as:
- Sharing information with third-party providers such as FootPrint F&B Partners when You book dining reservations or purchase products/services through Our Service,
- Sharing dining reservations with Your contacts who have given permission,
- Sharing information with third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites.
- With Business Partners: To offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With Service Providers: To monitor and analyze the use of Our Service.
- With Payment Processors: When You make in-App purchases or pay for products/services within Our Service. Learn more about the Payment Processor that We engaged.
- With trusted Third-Party Vendors, Suppliers, and other Authorized Third Parties: As necessary and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and obligations.
- With other Users of Our Service: Your information may be viewed by all Users and publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other Users or register through a third-party social media service, Your contacts on the social media service may see Your profile information and activity. Similarly, other Users will be able to view Your activity and communicate with You.
- For Law Enforcement: To fulfil Our legal obligations. Learn more at Law Enforcement.
- For Business Transfer: We may transfer Your personal information to another company during a merger, sale of assets, financing, or acquisition of all or part of Our Business. More information is available at Business Transfer.
We may offer in-App purchases or paid products or services within Our Service. In this case, We may use third-party services for payment processing known as Payment Processors.We will not store or collect Your payment card details. That information is provided directly to Our third-party Payment Processors whose use of Your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. These Payment Processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
We only honor payments made through Our Sites & Apps paid to Payee’s Name: Ascentso Sdn. Bhd., which is the legal name of Our Company. Our authorized Payment Processors are as listed below:
Ascentso may be required to disclose Your personal data under certain circumstances, such as in response to valid requests by public authorities or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Ascentso may also disclose Your personal data to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights or properties of Ascentso.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoings in connection with Our Service.
- Protect the personal safety of Users of Ascentso’s Service and the public.
- Protect against legal liabilities.
- Fulfil other legal requirements.
- Correcting, updating, and deleting Your registration Account,
- Choosing or changing Your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and notification alerts,
- Choosing whether to receive from Us offers and promotions for Our Service, or other products and services that We think may be of interest to You,
- Choosing whether We share Your personal information with other companies so they can send You offers and promotions about their products and services,
- Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers,
- Choosing to control targeted advertising You receive within Apps by using the settings and choices made available to You through Your device(s), for example, by re-setting Your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based ads,
- Requesting removal of Your personal information from a public forum on one of Our Sites or Apps,
- Requesting access to Your personal information that We hold,
- Requesting We amend or delete Your personal information,
- Withdrawing Your Consent to process Your personal information.
- Sending Us requests via Contact Us details.
- Following instructions provided in communications sent to You.
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that We send, replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE” to the SMS messages that We send.
- Update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing into Your Account.
- Using Your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting Your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest-based-ads)
- Activate Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting in most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications. Learn how in Our Cookies Policy.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental Consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on Consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires Consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s Consent before We collect and use that information.
We do not process sensitive information and We do not proactively collect sensitive personal information related to Your physical and mental – health or condition, political opinion, religious beliefs or any other beliefs in similar nature, and others as determined by both local and international Personal Data Protection Laws.
Security, Integrity & Confidentiality of Your Personal Data
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of Your Personal Data are important to Us. We have organizational and technical processes and procedures in place to protect Your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review Our security procedures to consider appropriate recent technology and methods. However, despite Our best efforts, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Ascentso will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this Data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this Data for longer time periods.
Personal Information Provided by You
For example, where marked with an asterisk (*) to indicate required fields in application forms or Account opening forms, it is obligatory to provide Your personal information to Us to enable Us to process Your application for Our Service. Should You decline to provide such obligatory personal information, We may not be able to process Your application/request or provide You with Our Service.
Processing of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at Ascentso’s operating office and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
For material changes, You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on Our Sites, Apps, or Service before the changes become effective. If required by law, Your Consent will be obtained. It is recommended that You review this Policy periodically for any changes, and changes to this Policy become effective when posted on this page.
Fill Up: Ascentso Enquiry Form
Email: [email protected]
Call: 1700-811-867 (Malaysia’s Toll-Free, international charges may apply)
Mailing: ASCENTSO SDN. BHD.
No.17-01, Jalan Ekoperniagaan 1/2, Taman Ekoperniagaan 81100, Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
To stop receiving marketing information by email please Contact Us here.